HUAWEI Echolife HG8245H ONT
The Huawei EchoLife HG8245H is a routing-type ONT in the Huawei all-optical access solution. It uses the GPON technology to implement ultra-broadband access for users.
It provides 4 GE+2 POTS+1 USB+1 WiFi(4 GE ports, 2 POTS ports, 1 USB port and 1 2.4G WiFi port). The high forwarding performance ensures the user experience of voice, data, and HD video services, and provides customers with an ideal all-optical access solution and future-oriented service support capability.
|Dimensions (H x W x D)
||176 x 138.5 x 28 mm
||0°C to 40°C
||5% RH to 95% RH (non-condensing)
|Power Adapter Input
||100 V to 240 V AC, 50 Hz/60 Hz
|System Power Supply
||11 V to 14 V DC, 2 A
||H.248 and SIP
|Support IPv4 / IPv6
||IPv4 and IPv6
||4GE+2POTS+1USB + WiFi
- 4GE/FE+2VOICE+WIFI+USB (external antenna)
- Plug-and-ptay: services can be deployed by one click on the NMS, and on-site configuration is not required.
- Remote diagnosis: Remote Jault locating is implemented by the loop-line test of POTS ports, call emulation and PPPoE dial-up emulation tniriated by the NMS
- Link monitoring: E2E link detection is achieved using 802.log Ethernet OAM
- High speed forwarding: 900 Mbit/s /bruxiniing in the NAT scenario
- IPv6 Capability: support IPd6/1Pv4 dual stacfe and DS-Lite
Question and Answer
Q: What is the difference between Huawei HG8245H and Huawei HG8245A?
A: Please refer to below:
Q: What is the difference between Huawei HG8245H and Huawei HG8245?
A: Actually they are adopting similar design, but appearance of the product is different, for main difference please refer:
||Yes, support IPv4/IPv6 dual stack
||External or Internal
||H.248 and SIP
||H.248 or SIP
Q: What is the difference between Huawei HG8245H and Huawei HG8240/HG8240F?
A: The main difference is Huawei HG8245H comes with WiFi, Huawei HG8240/HG8240F not. Huawei HG8245H comes with 4GE ports, Huawei HG8240/HG8240F with 4FE ports.
Q: Do I need to have 2 cable for Huawei HG8245H, one in one out?
A: No, one cable is enough, the GPON is using WDM technology, which only require one cable.
Q: Can I use Huawei HG8245H with other brand OLT?
A: Not suggest, as the understanding between different vendor on TR069/OMCI may different.
Q: Does Huawei HG8245H support routing function?
Q: Does Huawei HG8245H support battery back?
Q: How to Restore Factory Settings for Huawei HG8245H?
A: Use either of the following methods to restore factory settings for Huawei HG8245H:
1. Choose System Tools > Restore Default Configuration from the main menu on the web page and click Restore Default Configuration.
2. Hold down the RESET button for a long period of time (longer than 10s) to restart the Huawei HG8245H with factory settings.
Q: How to configure the Wi-Fi service on Huawei HG8245H?
A: Configure the Wi-Fi service through web pages or TR069 servers for Huawei HG8245H that supports Wi-Fi. For details, see the user manual of Huawei HG8245H device.
Q: What is ONT's optical power range?
A: For the Huawei HG8245H using GPON upstream transmission: -27 dBm to -8 dBm (Class B+); -30 dBm to -8dBm (Class C+).
Q: Can Huawei HG8245H connect to a switch in the lower layer to support the enterprise private line service?
A: No. Huawei HG8245H cannot connect to a PON terminal, switch, or router in the lower layer.
Q: Can an optical port on Huawei HG8245H connect to an optical port on an optical transceiver?
A: No. The optical port on Huawei HG8245H is a PON port while the optical port on an optical transceiver is a GE port.
Q: How to change a digitmap mapping mode of Huawei HG8245H?
A: Choose Voice > VoIP Basic Configuration from the main menu on the web page and configure Digitmap Match Mode.
Q: Which ONTs support dual-band Wi-Fi?
A: The ONTs with a name ended with "D" or "Q" support dual-band Wi-Fi, such as the HG8245D and HG8245Q.
XG-PON gateway type ONTs support dual-band Wi-Fi, such as the HN8055Q and HN8245Q.
Q: Can I use an iPad to log in to the Huawei HG8245H web page to upgrade the firmware version, or update and download the Huawei HG8245H configuration file?
A: An iPad cannot be used to perform a firmware upgrade, or update or download the Huawei HG8245H configuration file.
Mounting an ONT onto the wall
- Mark two positions with the same spacing as that between the two mounting holes of the ONT using a marker on a wall.
- Select a proper drill bit according to the outer diameter of the screws. Use a hammer drill to drill the marked positions on the wall. Then clean the holes and install two expansion bolts.
- Use a screwdriver to fasten the screws into the expansion bolts, reserving 5 mm ends out of the wall, and mount the ONT onto the screws